We have decided to postpone this event out of respect for Prince Philip's funeral, since April 17 will be a day of national mourning in the UK. The new date is Sunday May 30. Many thanks for your understanding.
Time: 10am-12 noon PDT, 1-3 pm EDT, 6-8 pm UK, 19-21.00 Central Europe, 8-10 pm Greece (2 hours).
Our previous sessions of dancing for peace in Armenia and Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) have raised thousands of dollars for humanitarian relief, infrastructure repair, and support for young women and girls. The need for humanitarian help is even greater now in this terribly cold winter, so Shakeh and I are grateful for the chance to dance again to send love and support to those stricken by the aftermath of the recent war.
We will dance Armenian dances to focus our prayers and send peace and healing to the entire afflicted region. Hasmik Harutunyan will join us again from Yerevan to talk about Armenian lullabies. Hasmik's exquisite voice is featured on the CD Gorani (which Shakeh and I produced with the Shoghaken Ensemble when we went to Armenia 20 years ago) and on many other recordings.
Instead of charging a set fee for the class, we invite participants to make a donation to one of the following charities:
– Armenia Fund: armeniafund.org for humanitarian relief and infrastructure repair;
– House of Hope: mer-hooys.org, supporting young girls and women, who are always the worst affected by war (you can also donate via the Mer-Hooys Facebook page);
– 1000 Plus: 1000plus.am, a fund to support the families of soldiers lost or injured in the recent war; –
– Gateway Armenia (on Facebook) providing winter coats, hats, and gloves to refugee and orphaned children;
– WELIO Stiftung Schweiz providing food and social support to help families out of the spiral of poverty.
Please do not send us any money directly.
You will need to register in advance at this link. After you register, you will receive a confirmation email and your personal Zoom link to join the class. This Zoom link will be unique to you, so please do not share it with others as they will not be able to get in.