This training offers an intensive exploration of traditional women's ritual dances, within the supportive environment of an ongoing closed group. These dances have survived since ancient times, carrying messages of connection, joy, sustainability and healing that are still relevant - even essential - to our lives today. Often they embody sacred patterns connected to the archetypal image of the Great Mother Goddess, who was revered throughout the same geographical area where the dances have their roots and still survive. The dances can be seen both as a nonverbal language and as a form of spiritual practice; through loving attention to their style, symbolism, and history, we can learn to listen to this language and bring its hidden wisdom once again into the world.
CLICK HERE FOR PDF OF TRAINING FLYER.
The curriculum includes:
• Traditional Balkan, Rom, Armenian, & Greek women's dances
• Archaeological images and antique textiles as they relate to the dance
• The secret language of dance steps, song words and textile motifs
• Basic teaching skills in the transmission of traditional dance material
• Dances of exile and homecoming, and the invitiation to return to the inner homeland of the dancing body
• Middle Eastern Garden, a creative movement meditation for women
• Relevant teachings of women spiritual guides from diverse traditions
The next German-speaking training will begin in November 2021 in Bad Herrenalb, Germany. Dates and information can be found on the German trainings page (click here). The next English-language training will begin in 2021 or 2022 in Quebec, Canada, and in the UK from 2022 (click here for information). Any woman who has danced with me before is welcome to apply for a place on the training.
The training comprises 6 sessions over 2 years, of 4 or 5 days. Exact dates in Quebec and the UK TBC.
For more information about the training in Germany (in German), (please click here).